If you have lower back pain, you are probably wondering what is wrong with you? Why are you having this pain? How did this happen to you? And how do you get to feeling better as quickly as possible? Let’s dive in and get you more information.
First, you are not alone. Lower back pain is something that over 80% of us will deal with at some point in our lives.
In fact, low back pain is now considered the number one source of disability worldwide.
How we move our body, previous injuries and the habits we have (or don’t have) each day can play a huge role in either increasing or decreasing your risk of an aching back. Back pain is the number one reason people visit our Raleigh chiropractic office.
Lower back pain can present itself in many forms including:
- Tightness or Spasming of the muscles of your lower back
- Sharp stabbing pain with movement
- Pain traveling down into your buttock or leg to the knee
- Pain traveling down your leg all the way to your feet (Sciatica)
- Numbness in your back or leg
- Burning in your back or leg
- Tingling or pins and needles feeling in your leg
- Pain worse getting out of bed in the morning
- Pain when going from sitting to standing