How do we help you with your Neck Pain?
The first step in helping you with your neck pain is to properly figure out what the problem is.
To do this we do the following at our Raleigh chiropractic office:
- We ask you detail questions about your current complaint
- We ask questions about your current lifestyle and what you are asking your body to do
- We do a Functional Movement Assessment to see how your spine is moving and what areas may not be functioning properly.
- If indicated we will take X-Rays of your spine to check for alignment, arthritis or other complicating factors.
The days of taking drugs and medications for neck pain are over. Prescriptions are now rarely recommended as a first option because of their dangerous side effects and, frankly, lack of results.
New research shows movement-based strategies like spinal adjustments, controlled exercise, and dynamic stretching are some of the most effective ways to relieve neck issues.
The main goal of chiropractic care in our office is to restore normal movement to your spinal joints.
Once we know where the problem is we improve your spinal motion in several ways including:
- Spinal Adjustments using the safest most advanced instruments. Chiropractic adjustments work on the specific joints of your spine that are “stuck” or restricted. This begins the process of improving your range of motion and often provides quick relief from pain.
- Soft tissue mobilization to reduce muscle spasm that are restricting movement. Often we use an instrument called a percussor that creates a deep vibration to the muscle releasing adhesions and improving circulation through the muscle.
- Intersegmental traction to unlock tension around the spine.
- Specific exercises designed to restore normal movement patterns.
- Specific stretches to reduce muscle tension in the fixated regions.
- Education on proper ergonomics to ensure you don’t keep doing the same damaging things to your spine over and over.
I don’t want you to crack or pop my neck (we understand)
No worries. The technique I use to adjust the cervical spine is gentle and requires no twisting, popping, or cracking of your neck.
I use an instrument called the Impulse Adjusting Instrument that is 100 times faster than a manual adjustment. The fast speed reduces the amount of force that is needed to get the spine moving correctly.
So if you have neck pain there is a solution.
Chiropractic care is a safe and effective way to restore normal motion to your neck and fix the problem, not just covering up your symptoms with risky potentially addictive drugs, spinal injections or surgery.
Our practice is focused on helping you decrease pain, improve your mobility, and live a healthier life. The first step to feeling better is to give us a call and let us help you get back in motion.
“… I had been tolerating pain at the base of my skull for some time and decided to go see Dr. Ashforth. I began to experience relief immediately through his painless techniques, unlike my previous experiences with chiropractors. He is truly on your side!” – Geri D. Raleigh, NC